"Friends gathering together to celebrate, protect and enhance the natural beauty in Anastasia State Park." Please come join us for an event, in membership or stewardship to this great preserve in St. Augustine.
*** Friends of Anastasia ***
"Friends gathering together to celebrate, protect and enhance the natural beauty in Anastasia State Park."
Please come join us for an event, in membership or stewardship to this great preserve in St. Augustine.
This website serves to inform our members, and those who may decide to become members, about our activities. Visit our "News Section" for reports with photos and videos on recent Friends' Events.
SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW OUR CORPORATE MEMBERS!
(view their logos below).
SUPPORT OUR NEW PLAYGROUND:
|You can support the building of our new|
state-of-the-art PLAYGROUND at the park by making a playground specific donation. For a complete description of our Playground Project & info on how to become involved in making it a reality, Click here.
After you have reviewed the information on the Playground Project, please send us your feedback in an E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOU MAY NOW DONATE TO FRIENDS VIA "PAYPAL OR BY CREDIT CARD" - Submit your donations to Friends for your yearly Membership via PAYPAL. You may also use PAYPAL to register for our ESR-2012 (Run/Walk) or even make extra one-time donations to our General, Junior Rangers and Playground funds. Donations can be made securely via your individual PayPal account or by using a major credit card. To use PayPal, please click on the "PayPal" link located at the top of this page. Donating this way is: Convenient - Fast - Easy - Secure!!!!!!
VOLUNTEER HELP NEEDED! Volunteers are needed for various Friends functions/tasks. Some of these are:
- Friends' Administration: Board Member (Note: there are current Board Member vacancies)
- Fundraising: Special Events, Endless Summer Run/Walk, Playground, etc.
- Information: Articles, Photography, Website Support, Correspondence, Public Speaking
- ECO: Recycling, Roadside Cleanup, Going Green
- Friends of Anastasia Awareness: FOA Booth, New Member Sign-up, Donor/Sponsor Solicitation
- Membership: Administration, Database Support
- Special Skills: Horticulture, Maintenance, Electric, Plumbing, Carpentry, Writing, Computer, etc.
ENDLESS SUMMER RUN/WALK (ESR) - 2013 - SAT, SEPT. 21st, 2013 - Thanks to all who Ran, Walked, Volunteered &/or Supported last year's Race. It was a huge success - THANKS TO YOU! It's now time to prepare for our 2013 Race. Visit our ESR-2013 Website at: www.endlesssummerrun.org/ for complete info on how to Register, Volunteer &/or be a Supporter. Let's make ESR-2013 our biggest & best ESR ever.
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT OF FRIENDS: OUR NEW FRIENDS SPORT SHIRT IS NOW AVAILABLE. To view a photo & get more info on how to obtain one, visit the News section of this website, or simply click here: http://normfromfl.webs.com/foa/voltshirt.htm
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR GENEROUS ESR SPONSORS - To view them all, please click on: http://www.endlesssummerrun.org/sponsors.htm
OUR “FUNdrasier YARD SALE" ON FEB. 23rd, 2013 (supporting our Playground at the park) was a "Huge Success" - To view some pictures, a brief summary & a nice note from our Friends President about this event, visit our News link above or click on: http://normfromfl.webs.com/foa/fundraiser.htm
GIVE "12 FREE ANASTASIA PARK ADMISSIONS" AS A GIFT - A Friends membership makes a great gift for someone you care about. Please visit the E-Form, Mail-Form or PayPal links above and submit a gift membership today. Thanks!
THE ROADSIDE LOOKS GREAT-THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED - View a note from our Friends V.P. & Roadside Cleanup Coordinator, Rita Roberts in our "Items Of Interest" section below. Thanks for the help......
READ OUR MONTHLY "RANGER'S CORNER" FEATURE ARTICLES: Written by our own Friends Liaison, Cristy Leonard - Park Specialist at ASP, her latest interesting & educational article (for March, 2013) is about "The Black Skimmers". To view this article, please click on the following link: http://normfromfl.webs.com/foa/skimmers.htm . While in our "News" section, view other interesting stories & pictures we have posted.
CALENDAR (of upcoming events) - Visit our Calendar link above to view all upcoming events, such as: Scheduled Park "Habitat Walks" (on the last Saturday of each month), Friends meetings & get togethers and our Park's "Fee-Free" Days (to name a few). To find out more, visit the "Deals & Discounts" link on the Park Website at: http://www.floridastateparks.org/thingstodo/deals.cfm
HELP OUR "JUNIOR RANGER" PROGRAM - You can now help support our "Junior Ranger" program here at Anastasia State Park. Recently, we had over 50 kids participate in this worthwhile program. It's easy to donate to Friends via PayPal or a Major Credit Card. Simply click on the "PayPal" link located at the top of this page. Donations on our site are safe & secure. You may also send in your "Junior Ranger" donation to: Friends Of Anastasia Park (Junior Rangers Fund), 1340A A1A
ITEMS OF INTEREST:
See Items Below (click "Next Page" to view Items on subsequent pages)
Meeting Notes - July 17th, 2012
|Posted by Dennis S (dennis) on Aug 04 2012 at 10:17 PM|
Meeting Date: July 17, 2012 @ 7:00 p.m.
Location: Administration Building
Friends Mission Statement: Friends gathering together to celebrate, protect and enhance the natural beauty in Anastasia State Park.
Roll Call-Board Members: Shelley Stover, Janine LeBlanc, Diane Glass, Doug Imshaug, Joanie Selph, Rita Roberts, Greg Adams, Dennis Salvati
Also In Attendance: -Cristy Leonard, Gretchen Hansel
Approval Of Last Month's Minutes: Discussion and/or approval of June 19, 2012 minutes-motion was made, seconded and voted yes to approve.
Meeting Agenda / Minutes:
a. Anastasia State Park: Cristy
Gave the FOA some information on having brochures made with information about our organization. July 1st a new policy was started between the copier company used by the Park and the Park administration, where the Park has to pay $.03 per copy for every copy it makes. This cost will have to be passed on to FOA for any copies we make at the Park office. It may be cost efficient for FOA to purchase their own copier and paper to be kept at the Park administration office. Also, along those lines it may be a good idea for the FOA to purchase their own laptop for members of the organization to use to store organization data such as the financial report, etc. Go to FOA Facebook page and vote for Anasatasia State Park in the "Vote Now" contest.
a. Financial Report: Janine
1. Interest on checking Bank of St. Augustine and BB&T $.52.
2. Income from new memberships $250.00.
3. Income from online new memberships minus Paypal fee $100.60.
4. Income from playground donations $92.04.
5. Income from general donation $98.00.
5. Expense for Go Green (glass, recycling equipment & urinals) $3,062.18.
6. Expense for Volunteers/CSO $18.90.
7. Expense for Junior Rangers $20.00.
8. Total Cash and CD $7,016.44.
9. Total in for Playground Account $4,934.63.
b. Membership Report: Dennis
1. Total Memberships 128 (1 month increase of "3").
(Breakdown: 140 members as of 5/15/2012 + 6 new - 21 dropped)
2. Membership Breakdown: 121 Individual/Family(including 6 gift memberships)
3. Memberships processed since 5/15/2012 10 (3 new and 7 renewal).
4. Paypal signups (2 new/1 renewal) since last report on 6/19/2012.
5. Last renewal reminders sent on 6/10/2012 - 69.
6. Membership drops (non-renewals since last report on 5/15/2012) 21.
7. Purge of non-renewals completed on 6/10/2012 resulting in 21 dropped memberships. Next membership purge scheduled on or about 9/1/2012.
c. Fund Raising: Cristy for Linda
Possibly organizing a chance drawing for a free three day stay in the Park, including free kayak rentals from Watersports and possibly some free lunches from Island Joes. The proceeds from this fundraiser would go to the playground. Cristy met with local playground company and has some quotes on the way to give us an idea of what we need to get started. This project is going to require some help from the general membership. If anyone would like to volunteer to help Cristy with this please contact her at the Park Administration office 904-461-2035.
d. Recycling Report: Joanie
We now have saw horses for the recycling tables to make this project much easier.
e. Endless Summer Run: Shelley
We had 35 signs donated from Palencia that we can convert to ESR signs. Road ID has donated 200 bibs to our run. We are also on their calendar and they are sending us 7 $15.00 gift certificates we can raffle off and flyers for the race packets. We also got a sponsorship from Raintree Resturant. Next ESR committee meeting July 31, 2012 at 6:00 p.m.
f. Road-side Clean-up: Rita
Road-side clean-up scheduled for August 18, 2012 starting at 7:30 a.m.
g. Going Green: Doug
Urinals are here and will be installed soon.
h. Website: Dennis & Diane
FOA website and ESR website are both up to date.
With much regret Linda Devlin has had to step down from the Board of Directors and her position as Fundraiser Chairman. If there is anyone in the general membership who would be interested in joining the Board or chairing the Fundraiser committee please come to our next meeting or you can contact Shelley Stover at 904-315-8729. Next meeting is August 21, 2012.
Motion was made, seconded and voted yes to adjourn.Back
|Re:||By Unknown on Nov 19 2012 at 7:11 AM|
|Houses are not very cheap and not everybody can buy it. But, business loans are invented to help people in such situations.|
|vvAxOhzKnhBnZHfcXF||By Unknown on Dec 12 2012 at 1:52 AM|
|If time is money you've made me a welatheir woman.|
|cgEhPUaipj||By Unknown on Dec 12 2012 at 11:56 PM|
|ugLVNEHDHuq||By Unknown on Dec 13 2012 at 6:46 AM|
|pAVDAP , [url=http://mkjzttzwdjcl.com/]mkjzttzwdjcl[/url], [link=http://zvhnfqfgohpw.com/]zvhnfqfgohpw[/link], http://xzjbwcjhansk.com/|
|dnjBTtcKAWAOU||By Unknown on Dec 14 2012 at 10:55 PM|
|OTDLuCutLK||By Unknown on Jan 02 2013 at 9:09 AM|
|MUfgGK , [url=http://ipizhchrieal.com/]ipizhchrieal[/url], [link=http://telsfviklijw.com/]telsfviklijw[/link], http://kiycjymsyrjy.com/|
|YkFxtLSHFMDGLH||By Unknown on Jan 03 2013 at 2:56 PM|
|MxZYRuTSUxLBqpTrVAG||By Unknown on Jan 23 2013 at 2:44 PM|
FRIENDS OF ANASTASIA PARK CORPORATE MEMBERS
DID YOU KNOW?
1) Anastasia State Park offers programs to school groups FREE OF CHARGE! Please contact Park Services Specialist Cristy Leonard on (904) 461-2035 or at email address - email@example.com
2) The Friends of Anastasia logo is a representation of the Anastasia Island Beach Mouse which is an endangered species.
3) Friends meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month (@ 7:00 PM) at the State Park office (near the Amphitheater), unless otherwise noted. All Friends members are welcome & encouraged to attend.
4) Who are the Friends of Anastasia? We are a non-profit Citizens Support Organization (CSO) for Anastasia State Park who support the park by providing programs & services that will enhance the experience of all who visit this special place. See the "Facts about Friends" post in the Items of Interest section of this website for additional information about Friends.
......................................................................................................................................Contact firstname.lastname@example.org - for more information.
President: Greg Adams / Vice President: Rita Roberts
Secretary: Sharon Burbelo / Treasurer: Doug Imshaug
Robert Ganley / Diane Glass / Shelley Stover / Dennis Salvati / (One Director Vacancy)