"Friends gathering together to celebrate, protect and enhance the natural beauty in Anastasia State Park." Please come join us for an event, in membership or stewardship to this great preserve in St. Augustine.
*** Friends of Anastasia ***
"Friends gathering together to celebrate, protect and enhance the natural beauty in Anastasia State Park."
Please come join us for an event, in membership or stewardship to this great preserve in St. Augustine.
This website serves to inform our members, and those who may decide to become members, about our activities. Visit our "News Section" for reports with photos and videos on recent Friends' Events.
SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW OUR CORPORATE MEMBERS!
(view their logos below).
SUPPORT OUR NEW PLAYGROUND:
|You can support the building of our new|
state-of-the-art PLAYGROUND at the park by making a playground specific donation. For a complete description of our Playground Project & info on how to become involved in making it a reality, Click here.
After you have reviewed the information on the Playground Project, please send us your feedback in an E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOU MAY NOW DONATE TO FRIENDS VIA "PAYPAL OR BY CREDIT CARD" - Submit your donations to Friends for your yearly Membership via PAYPAL. You may also use PAYPAL to register for our ESR-2012 (Run/Walk) or even make extra one-time donations to our General, Junior Rangers and Playground funds. Donations can be made securely via your individual PayPal account or by using a major credit card. To use PayPal, please click on the "PayPal" link located at the top of this page. Donating this way is: Convenient - Fast - Easy - Secure!!!!!!
VOLUNTEER HELP NEEDED! Volunteers are needed for various Friends functions/tasks. Some of these are:
- Friends' Administration: Board Member (Note: there are current Board Member vacancies)
- Fundraising: Special Events, Endless Summer Run/Walk, Playground, etc.
- Information: Articles, Photography, Website Support, Correspondence, Public Speaking
- ECO: Recycling, Roadside Cleanup, Going Green
- Friends of Anastasia Awareness: FOA Booth, New Member Sign-up, Donor/Sponsor Solicitation
- Membership: Administration, Database Support
- Special Skills: Horticulture, Maintenance, Electric, Plumbing, Carpentry, Writing, Computer, etc.
ENDLESS SUMMER RUN/WALK (ESR) - 2013 - SAT, SEPT. 21st, 2013 - Thanks to all who Ran, Walked, Volunteered &/or Supported last year's Race. It was a huge success - THANKS TO YOU! It's now time to prepare for our 2013 Race. Visit our ESR-2013 Website at: www.endlesssummerrun.org/ for complete info on how to Register, Volunteer &/or be a Supporter. Let's make ESR-2013 our biggest & best ESR ever.
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT OF FRIENDS: OUR NEW FRIENDS SPORT SHIRT IS NOW AVAILABLE. To view a photo & get more info on how to obtain one, visit the News section of this website, or simply click here: http://normfromfl.webs.com/foa/voltshirt.htm
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR GENEROUS ESR SPONSORS - To view them all, please click on: http://www.endlesssummerrun.org/sponsors.htm
OUR “FUNdrasier YARD SALE" ON FEB. 23rd, 2013 (supporting our Playground at the park) was a "Huge Success" - To view some pictures, a brief summary & a nice note from our Friends President about this event, visit our News link above or click on: http://normfromfl.webs.com/foa/fundraiser.htm
GIVE "12 FREE ANASTASIA PARK ADMISSIONS" AS A GIFT - A Friends membership makes a great gift for someone you care about. Please visit the E-Form, Mail-Form or PayPal links above and submit a gift membership today. Thanks!
THE ROADSIDE LOOKS GREAT-THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED - View a note from our Friends V.P. & Roadside Cleanup Coordinator, Rita Roberts in our "Items Of Interest" section below. Thanks for the help......
READ OUR MONTHLY "RANGER'S CORNER" FEATURE ARTICLES: Written by our own Friends Liaison, Cristy Leonard - Park Specialist at ASP, her latest interesting & educational article (for March, 2013) is about "The Black Skimmers". To view this article, please click on the following link: http://normfromfl.webs.com/foa/skimmers.htm . While in our "News" section, view other interesting stories & pictures we have posted.
CALENDAR (of upcoming events) - Visit our Calendar link above to view all upcoming events, such as: Scheduled Park "Habitat Walks" (on the last Saturday of each month), Friends meetings & get togethers and our Park's "Fee-Free" Days (to name a few). To find out more, visit the "Deals & Discounts" link on the Park Website at: http://www.floridastateparks.org/thingstodo/deals.cfm
HELP OUR "JUNIOR RANGER" PROGRAM - You can now help support our "Junior Ranger" program here at Anastasia State Park. Recently, we had over 50 kids participate in this worthwhile program. It's easy to donate to Friends via PayPal or a Major Credit Card. Simply click on the "PayPal" link located at the top of this page. Donations on our site are safe & secure. You may also send in your "Junior Ranger" donation to: Friends Of Anastasia Park (Junior Rangers Fund), 1340A A1A
ITEMS OF INTEREST:
See Items Below (click "Next Page" to view Items on subsequent pages)
Meeting Notes - August 21st, 2012
|Posted by Administrator (friends) on Oct 05 2012 at 5:14 PM|
Meeting Date: August 21st, 2012 @ 7:00 p.m.
Location: Administration Building
Friends Mission Statement: Friends gathering together to celebrate, protect and enhance the natural beauty in Anastasia State Park.
Roll Call-Board Members:
Members-Shelley Stover, Doug Imshaug, Rita Roberts, Greg Adams, Dennis Salvati
Also in attendance-Cristy Leonard, Aggie Armstrong (of the State Park)
Discussion and/or approval of July 17, 2012 minutes-motion was made, seconded and voted yes to approve.
a. Anastasia State Park: Cristy
Susie Robertson has requested help from the CSO in promoting a surf camp for cancer patients inside the Park, tentatively set for next spring. She has submitted a written request to the Park and basically needs our help to co-sponsor the event. She has also contacted other cancer programs such as Ronald McDonald House and the American Cancer Society to also participate. Greg suggested we let her know about an organization called Keepers of the Coast who recently held a similar event in our area. The Board decided to meet with Susie and talk with her about the idea.
Finance Committee was put together to work on 2013 budget consisting of Greg, Dennis, Janine, Doug, Shelley and Cristy. First meeting will be set for October 2012.
Cristy received invoice for Visit Florida program which was budgeted.
Greg and Cristy had meeting with Aggie regarding CSO review. One of the things that came up was locating the original of certain documents that we use, such as the original 501c3 and putting them all together in a safety deposit box. All check signers need to be bonded and bank statements need to be received and reviewed by a member other than the treasurer.
b. Financial Report: Janine (given by Cristy - for Janine)
1. Interest on checking Bank of St. Augustine and BB&T $.52.
2. Income from new memberships $300.00.
3. Income from online new memberships minus Paypal fee $43.56.
4. Income from Endless Summer Run minus paypal fee $192.33.
5. Income from general donation $51.00.
6. Expense for Go Green (recycling) $65.00.
7. Total Cash and CD $7,538.33.
8. Total in for Playground Account $4,934.63.
b. Membership Report: Dennis
1. Total Memberships 135 (1 month increase of "7").
(Breakdown: 128 members as of 7/17/2012 + 7 new - 0 dropped)
2. Membership Breakdown: 127 Individual/Family(including 6 gift memberships)
3. Memberships processed since 7/17/2012 10 (7 new and 3 renewal).
4. Paypal signups (5 new/0 renewal) since last report on 7/17/2012.
5. Last renewal reminders sent on 6/10/2012 - 69.
6. Membership drops (non-renewals since last report on 5/15/2012) 21.
7. Purge of non-renewals completed on 6/10/2012 resulting in 21 dropped memberships. Next membership purge scheduled on or about 9/15/2012.
c. Fund Raising:
We need a chair for our fund raising.
d. Recycling Report: Joanie
Joanie was not present at the meeting, but Greg stated that he and Rita had recycled on Monday and that there was only one bin of aluminum cans. Possibly our cans are being confiscated by someone. Cristy said she would ask the rangers to keep an eye out for anyone taking the cans. There was also a request made for natural gloves versus latex which some people are sensitive to. Greg would also like to see the Boy Scouts get involved in the recycling program on various levels.
e. Endless Summer Run: Shelley
Awards have been ordered and will be ready for pick-up on or about August 31. The mini camp is scheduled for September 8, 2012 at 7:30 a.m.
f. Road-side Clean-up: Rita
Road-side clean-up was Saturday August 18, 2012 and was very successful. Pictures are posted on our web-site. Next road-side clean-up scheduled for November 2012.
g. Going Green: Doug
h. Website: Dennis & Diane
FOA website and ESR website are both up to date. Check out Cristy’s monthly article "Rangers Corner" - it's very interesting.
Next meeting September 18, 2012.
Motion was made, seconded and voted yes to adjourn.Back
FRIENDS OF ANASTASIA PARK CORPORATE MEMBERS
DID YOU KNOW?
1) Anastasia State Park offers programs to school groups FREE OF CHARGE! Please contact Park Services Specialist Cristy Leonard on (904) 461-2035 or at email address - email@example.com
2) The Friends of Anastasia logo is a representation of the Anastasia Island Beach Mouse which is an endangered species.
3) Friends meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month (@ 7:00 PM) at the State Park office (near the Amphitheater), unless otherwise noted. All Friends members are welcome & encouraged to attend.
4) Who are the Friends of Anastasia? We are a non-profit Citizens Support Organization (CSO) for Anastasia State Park who support the park by providing programs & services that will enhance the experience of all who visit this special place. See the "Facts about Friends" post in the Items of Interest section of this website for additional information about Friends.
......................................................................................................................................Contact firstname.lastname@example.org - for more information.
President: Greg Adams / Vice President: Rita Roberts
Secretary: Sharon Burbelo / Treasurer: Doug Imshaug
Robert Ganley / Diane Glass / Shelley Stover / Dennis Salvati / (One Director Vacancy)